We are excited to return to a robust schedule of in-person classes for 2022! See our offerings below and register by clicking the button below the listing. You can register via our website or if you prefer, you may register in person at RAL Art Center or by phone at 804-436-9309.
We appreciate your suggestions for classes in any area that interests you. Please email Sharon Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions for classes and instructors.
- Tue, Jan 11KilmarnockJan 11, 10:00 AM – Feb 08, 12:30 PMKilmarnock, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USAThis is a five-week course for intermediate and/or advanced water color artists who wish to take their work to another level. You will learn how to take advantage of watercolor's beautiful properties by pouring, blowing, & using different processes. Dates: 1/11, 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8
- Thu, Jan 13KilmarnockJan 13, 10:00 AM – Feb 03, 1:00 PMKilmarnock, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USAThis is a four-week class; students will learn color theory by creating art works. Using a variety of media and approaches, they will learn how to mix color and how to apply color schemes for both visual appeal and meaning. Students will apply mixing skills to paint a color wheel painting.
- Thu, Jan 27KilmarnockJan 27, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMKilmarnock, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USAJoin Doug Mock for a fun and exciting paint night as you learn to create in a loose and painterly style. This will be a watercolor class open to all skill levels, including the very beginner. You will learn to use blues and purples to indicate the cold and brisk winter season.
- Sat, Jan 29Kilmarnock
- Tue, Feb 08KilmarnockFeb 08, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM ESTKilmarnock, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USAThe spinning of fibers to create thread and yarn has been going on since pre-history. Fiber spinning was once a matter of survival to provide humans with clothing, ropes, & shelter. Now spinning has become an art craft & the resulting product can be used in other art crafts like knitting, weaving..
- Multiple DatesSat, Feb 19KilmarnockFeb 19, 9:00 AM – Feb 20, 4:00 PMKilmarnock, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USAMany artists are intimidated by objects made of metal and or glass. When handled correctly, these items can look magical and impressive in any painting. Cate Kauffman will teach her methods for interpreting what one sees when looking at a glass object and how to capture it in paint/pastel.