Dealing with the uncertainty of rapidly escalating COVID-19 metrics, availability of vaccines, holiday gatherings and possible restrictions on non-essential businesses demands that we proceed cautiously as we develop the 2021 class schedule. Instructors and students are reluctant to confirm in the current pandemic environment.
We are continuing to communicate with potential instructors for 2021. The following classes are in the planning stages: three new VMFA sponsored classes, visiting artist instructors in oils and acrylics, and RAL Art Center artist instructors in jewelry, quilting, perspective, acrylics, watercolor and felting.
We look forward to offering exciting new classes in 2021 and appreciate your suggestions. Please email email@example.com with your suggestions for classes and instructors.
- Workshop: Wild About Art - Youth Art Classes 3-Day Class: Tues., Wed., Thurs. – August 3, 4, & 5 (1)Tue, Aug 03RAL Art CenterAug 03, 9:30 AM – Aug 05, 4:30 PMRAL Art Center, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USAStudents will create at least one artwork for each day of the class, including an 8 x 10 acrylic painting of an owl, a watercolor painting of wildflowers and butterflies, a crayon-resist underwater scene, a pastel portrait of a bear, a mixed-media floral still life and a mixed-media artwork.
- Thu, Aug 26RAL Art CenterAug 26, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMRAL Art Center, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USAJoin us in August and have fun painting a summer scene. This class will be completed using acrylic paint on a 16” x 20”” stretched canvas. Create a painting with a majestic sunset with a silhouette of shoreline and a wading bird.
- Mon, Sep 13KilmarnockSep 13, 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM EDTKilmarnock, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USAIn this 3-day class, you will create 3 acrylic 11” x 14” landscape paintings in the Impressionist style. Learn how to apply paint in this ever-popular style, creating the effect of sunlight with short quick brush strokes, a broken palette for optical color mixing, & complementary colors in shadows.
- Workshop: Pendant Techniques with Inclusions of CZ Stones & Pearls in Art Clay Silver Sept 18, 2021, 10am - 4pmSat, Sep 18RAL Art CenterSep 18, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMRAL Art Center, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USAThis beginner/intermediate level class is an adventure in working with precious metal clay. Art Clay Silver is a great product especially formulated for objects that can be created & fired in the same day w/outstanding results. Art Clay Silver is pure fine silver (.999) mixed with water & binder.
- Thu, Sep 23Kilmarnock
- Workshop: Abstracting Kaleidoscope Colors w/ Kathleen Noffsinger 2-Day Class: Tuesdays, Oct. 12 & 26, 2021Tue, Oct 12RAL Art CenterOct 12, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PMRAL Art Center, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USALearn how to paint any scene in a variety of colors using abstracted shapes of broken color to create an artistic color Kaleidoscope! Artists will work in their usual medium of watercolor, oil or acrylic. This is not a “how-to” beginner class for each medium.
- Mon, Oct 18KilmarnockOct 18, 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM EDTKilmarnock, 19 N Main St, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, USAIn this three-day workshop, you will paint three 11” x 14” acrylic paintings, emulating the distinctive style of Van Gogh, replicating two of his masterpieces such as Starry Night and Irises. The first paintings will be completed in unison the teacher’s demonstration and step-by-step instruction.